Parents are encouraged to visit Brookfield Early Childhood Centre during opening hours to meet management and educators. To be officially enrolled however, a position must be available. A Waiting List Form must be completed if there are no current vacancies. If you are offered a position, a comprehensive confidential enrolment form is then completed and signed by parents, and represents an agreement between the family and the Service. On confirmation of a position, parents also receive a Parent Handbook & other relevant information about the Service and will be invited to attend an enrolment interview. We would ask that you complete all forms and return them to Management prior to your child’s first day of attendance. This provides Management and educators with the opportunity to become familiar with your child's individual requirements. The enrolment interview will take approximately one hour. The procedure will involve:
- A discussion of Service policies and procedures.
- Orientation of the physical environment of the Service.
- An introduction to the Service’s educators.
Ensuring the best care possible includes getting to know the child and family well. Once your child is enrolled, Brookfield Early Childhood Centre values the importance of families feeling welcome to visit and be a part of their child’s day.
- We believe in an “Open Door Policy” and families are welcome to visit the Service at any time during operating hours.
- Family members are encouraged to share skills and cultural experiences with the children and educators.
- Parents are encouraged to share ideas and feedback regarding the program, or any aspect of the service.
If your child turns 4 years of age by 30 June, he/she is eligible for a kindergarten place. We are now taking applications for our kindergarten programs in 2016. For more information and to organise a tour of our kindergarten facilities please complete a Waiting List Form.
We look forward to offering your child a position at Brookfield Early Childhood Centre.